Ongoing Project: Electrorheological Fluids, Flow Behavior and Applications ISIRD grant (IIT Kharagpur), 28Lakhs.
The major research areas which I will explore in recent future are:
1) Rheology of soft-glassy-materials and Electrorheological (ER) fluids.
2) Modeling of Soft-Glassy-Rheology behavior (SGR model).
3) Drainage behavior of free standing liquid thin films of polymeric liquids.
4) Exploiting ER/GER fluids for Lab-on-a-chip technology.
The various research fronts under the above mentioned research domains are described below.
- Elongational flow of Electrorheological Fluids.
- Giant Electrorheological effect (synthesis of GER particles).
- Flow of ER fluids under confinement (investigating the spatial cooperativity)
- Rheology of molecularly thin liquid-film (Surface-Force-Balance technique).
Drainage behavior of Liquid Thin films of polymeric liquids:
- Modeling of drainage in free standing liquid thin films of polymeric liquids
- Understanding the long-term stability (in terms of life-time) of liquid thin films of polymeric liquid (role of structural forces/disjoining pressure in molecularly thin regime)
- Role of molecular structure towards long term stability of liquid thin films.
-What sets the initial thickness of a films? (effect of various physical parameters: surface tension, viscosity, film-pulling speed)
-checking the possibility of very stable liquid thin film as nano-reactors.
Microfluidic Thin Film Pressure Balance for the Study of Complex Thin Films by Andrieux S., Muller . , Kaushal M. , Vera . S., Bollache . , Honorez . , Cagna . , Drenckhan W. Lab on a Chip 21 412-420 (2020)
Biomimetic silk fibroin and xanthan gum blended hydrogels for connective tissue regeneration by Byram P. K., Chaintanya K. , Barik A. , Kaushal M. , Dhara S. , Chakravorty N. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 165 A 874-882 (2020)
Signatures of Overaging in an Aqueous Dispersion of Carbopol by Agarwal M., Kaushal M. , Joshi Y. M. Langmuir - (2020)
Tailorable hydrogel of gelatin with silk fibroin and its activation/crosslinking for enhanced proliferation of fibroblast cells by Kulkarni G., Ray P. G., Byram P. K., Kaushal M. , Dhara S. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 164 4073-4083 (2020)
Three-Dimensional Yielding in Anisotropic Materials: Validation of Hill Criterion by Kaushal M. SOFT MATTER - (2019)
Analyzing aging under oscillatory strain field through the soft glassy rheology model by Kaushal M., Joshi Y. The Journal of chemical physics 144 (24), 244504 - (2016)
Passive microrheology in the effective time domain: analyzing time dependent colloidal dispersions by Vyas B., Orpe A. , Kaushal M. , Joshi Y. Soft matter 12 (39), 8167-8176 - (2016)
Linear viscoelasticity of soft glassy materials by Kaushal M., Joshi Y. Soft Matter 10 (12), 1891-1894 - (2014)
Validation of effective time translational invariance and linear viscoelasticity of polymer undergoing cross-linking reaction by Kaushal M., Joshi Y. Macromolecules 47 (22), 8041-8047 - (2014)
Tailoring relaxation time spectrum in soft glassy materials by Kaushal M., Joshi Y. The Journal of chemical physics 139 (2), 024904 - (2013)
Electrorheological Fluids : Flow Behavior and Applications ISIRD, SRIC
Area of Research: Multiphase Flow
Area of Research: Flow Behavior of Complex Fluids
Area of Research: Paper Microfluidics and Thin Film Rheology
Sumit Kumar Pandit
Area of Research: Rheology and Microfluidics